How Commitment Creates Change Without Burnout
Change management requires change leadership -- two very different but complementary skill sets.
Change management focuses on efficiency:
- Are the changes being made smoothly and with minimal disruption?
- Is the company providing sufficient resources to help employees deal with the inevitable fears associated with the change?
- Are redundancies being eliminated as procedures change?
Change leadership focuses on effectiveness:
- Are the right things being changed -- or are things changing simply for the sake of change?
- Are outdated processes continued without consideration of their value in implementing the desired changes?
- Is the company still able to service its customers in a timely, courteous manner?
Studies have shown that workers who believe that organizational changes are being introduced in an efficient and effective manner are more likely to commit to the realization of these changes.